Asked on Oct 5, 2017

How do you replace a kitchen sink

PatriciaTamiDiana Deiley


My kitchen sink was installed incorrectly many years ago and is now sinking. The granite is cut too big and can't find a sink to fit

5 answers
  • Ebbjdl
    on Oct 5, 2017

    Check with Homedepot or Lowe's, if you could put in a larger rim around the sink. I'm sure the kitchen department can help you with that. Take a picture with you if you can.
  • My vote is to call in a licensed contractor to help you. There might be a way to modify your current sink from underneath. If not and you need to purchase another sink, the granite company can come out and enlarge the hole size if needed.
  • Diana Deiley
    on Oct 5, 2017

    I'd suggest measuring the sink opening, then measure the existing sink for referencing. I'm with Ebbjdl, check with Home Depot & Lowe's for suggestions. If you're open to installing a new sink, you could check at you local Habitat Resale Store for donated sinks that may fit your sink for a budget friendly change. Best of luck.
  • Tami
    on Oct 5, 2017

    Thank you, I need a bigger sink cause of the way they cut granite to much. I have an under mount sink. I can't find one big enough for the hole they cut. They did real bad job. May have to replace granite also.
  • Patricia
    on Oct 5, 2017

    you need an over the hole sink-- and good luck finding one the right size-- you make have to trim some of the granite
Your comment...