Tencha Grijalva
Tencha Grijalva
  • El Paso, TX

Ideas to cover steel beams on carports.

Janet PizaroCynthia HKattywhampusLOL
+1

• Diana Deiley

Living in Florida with a metal carport, ours is covered with metal sheeting. Depending on the end result you are seeking, there are numerous options for you: metal, lattice, sail cloth, plywood. Best of luck.
  • KattywhampusLOL

I am so sorry, Tencha Grijalva, but I have searched for almost 40 minutes online for "ideas to cover steel beams on carports" and have found absolutely nothing about it. I wish I could have been of some help, but perhaps someone else at HOMETALK will know what could be effectively done. What sort of covering on the beams did you have in mind, I figure you would like something to match a certain look you are going for, but you gave no clue as to what type of covering you had in mind.
  • Cynthia H

You can clad them in something else, or paint them. I have seen metal beams covered with faux wood beams that are lightweight. If you are looking for that type of solution, here is a link: http://www.fauxwoodbeams.com/beams_timber.php

If space or area allows build wooded frames around them