Nikki
Nikki
  • Harrisonville, MO

What is best method to cover window that's not a curtain

Fiddledd224Linda 4 RealPat13194611
+7

• Ginny

I have shutters on the bottom and valances and/or swags on the top. Great for air circulation in warmer weather when AC is not needed. Good shutters are expensive but worth it.
  • Roller shades, blinds, shutters.
  • Rebecca Taylor

Hello, I wanted privacy but didn't want to block the natural light so I put up cling window film with a butterfly print but they make a lot of different designs. It is so pretty and I still get all the natural light. Hope this helps.

roman shades
  • Delle

I prefer blinds. But it depends on what you want to achieve. Do you want to block light? Let it in? Go from no light to light? Do you want to shut out heat or keep it in? Go to a store that sells window treatments or check online and you'll see different treatments that give different advantages.
  • Nancy Turner

If you don't want a curtain, I would go with a roller shade that you can adjust as you want and decorate to your liking, or the window cling that you can get that will give you the degree of privacy, or sun blocking that you want.
  • Barbara Kennedy

shutters

• Pat13194611

Textured contact paper..you get light in and no one sees in my mom did that on back door window
  • Linda 4 Real

My favorite is Roman shade that can pull up or down. I got some on sale form JCpenny. Most important question is what is purpose to cover? Black out, semi transparent, aesthetics, privacy, adjustability? Cost willing to spend? I like all types Roman shades, but there are also cute bamboo or other wood look rolls up or down...can find this inexpensive and ones you cut to fit
  • Fiddledd224

Besides blinds and shades, you can put up privacy film in any one of many designs, including frosted.