Painting cabinets

Catherine AnspaughCindyElizabeth @ Creating Rustic Charm
+4

We are remodeling our kitchen and painted the cabinets using a latex enamel. Do we need to put a clear coat or a sealer on it now?

• Dl.5660408

No, you don't need to put a sealer on it, you can if you like the look or if you're worried that the latex enamel won't hold up to cleaning it.

all cabinets should be sealed
  • Jay Paden

You can add a clear coat to be a little more durable but if you have good coverage and you are happy with it the enamel is good enough
  • Sandra Vining

I would as kitchen cupboard seem to need washing often
  • I painted (using Benjamin Moore Advanced latex paint)my cabinets last year and did not put a sealer on and they still look great. If your paint was a good quality paint, you shouldn't need to seal. If you want to put the time and effort in, no harm done.
  • Cindy

Because they are in your kitchen, I would apply the sealer of your choice. If they were anywhere else in your house I would say it's not necessary.
  • Catherine Anspaugh

The enamel alone should be good enough.