Dee
Dee
  • Lexington, VA

Is it ok to pressure wash aluminum siding?

Susan MeggittKatherine S Glusic-RylkoKen
+2

• JAN

yes definately, but do not spray the windows - the seal could be broken then moisture can get in between
  • Ken

The people who know about such things also tell you to position the wand so you spray down, not up, since siding is not designed to resist water coming from below.
  • Katherine S Glusic-Rylko

yes but try on very low pressure 1st or it can leave marks... are you trying to remove grey or green? then first spray with a mildew wash and then spray off. I did our whole house last year... on'y issue was when humbby tried and changed my pressure higher.
  • Susan Meggitt

If the siding is really dirty spray it with Mean Green. You can get it at Dollar General. Very inexpensive but super great and stubborn dirt. My patents had an RV and was using "special" cleaner for RVs and wasn't touching it. My son suggested Mean Green. Worked great!