Asked on Oct 6, 2017

Light brown mushrooms......

CeCeBijousEbbjdl
+2

Answered

I have multiple light brown mushrooms growing in my yard!! They get huge and then turn grey! I did not plan to eat them but wanted to know if they are deadly to our neighborhood animals? I pluck them out of the ground when I see them! I live in Texas and has been extremely humid the last couple of weeks.......any thoughts? Thanks

5 answers
  • Janet Pizaro
    on Oct 6, 2017

    mushrooms a re a sign of fungus created by to much moisture.Apply a fungicide
  • Most animals would know instinctively not to eat such things. If you are worried, throw them in the trash.
  • Ebbjdl
    on Oct 6, 2017

    Certain mushrooms, as we know can be poison if we eat them. I have never heard of a dog or cat becoming I'll or die from mushrooms. The squirrels eat them here, the deer don't touch them, and stray cats don't eat them either. The mushrooms your talking about, may be consume by humans, but unless you (meaning anyone) has to know their mushrooms. If you feel better pulling them out then do so. Try to get the root so they don't grow again.

  • Bijous
    on Oct 6, 2017

    Congrats! You have a very fertile lawn. Just pluck as needed or let them be if you don't mind them. I like them. They're so interesting looking.
  • CeCe
    on Oct 9, 2017

    I pull them and throw them in the trash. When they die in the yard they leave big slippery places that are dangerous if you're walking through the area and slide on one. You'll never get completely rid of them because they're spores that fly through the air when the under side of a mature mushroom plant opens. Millions of spores per plant. But you can definitely cut down on them.
Your comment...