DIY Burlap Framed Mirror

$15

Over the summer, I was working on a living room makeover. I was on a deadline, so some things had to be done more quickly than I would have liked.
diy burlap framed mirror
I needed a mirror to put over my entry table and I really couldn't find one that I loved. I did find one that was the perfect size, but it was a little too traditional for my taste. I decided to get it anyway with the intent to change it later.
diy burlap framed mirror
I had a burlap sack in my closet that I had bought for another project, but it ended up being to small. I decided to use it instead to cover the frame of the mirror with it to add more of a rustic farmhouse vibe.
diy burlap framed mirror
I wanted the words to show at the bottom and top of the mirror, so I first cut my pieces, and figured out how I wanted the placement on the mirror. Burlap tends to fray when cutting, it helps if you try to cut a straight line between rows.
diy burlap framed mirror
I worked in sections. I painted each section with ModPodge and attached the burlap. I waited until each section was well bonded before moving to the next. Where the pieces meet up, it's not perfect but I think that adds to the charm.
Here it is completed.
diy burlap framed mirror
Those fabric covered books were another DIY project of mine, one of my favorites. Farmhouse/rustic is much more my style than traditional. Though I feel the internet might be a little too saturated with farmhouse style right now. What do you think, farmhouse forever or enough already?

• Burlap
  • ModPodge
TheHoneycombHome

• Anne

I love the books...is that modpodge as well?

• Candice Gollam

So inspirational... thank you for sharing

• Paula Bois-Brady

To prevent burlap from unravelling iron on fusible interfacing. It doesn't show through the burlap, I can cut curves and is easy to glue onto the project without the glue coming through the burlap. Happy Crafting