How to wax amaryillis blubs and does it destroy bulb

Catherine AnspaughLamar HavardElaine
+5

not exactly sure why you want to put wax on the bulb?????
  • Robyn Garner

Why do you want to do this???
    • Jeannette

Jackson and Perkins are waxing bulb with stand included in bottom of wax, need no soil or water and no attention until end of bloom. If it won't destroy my bulbs it would make it easier for showing in holiday décor. I not willing to harm my bulb. I'm very concerned with my bulbs health, but it would be a lot easier.

• Catherine Anspaugh

Im not really sure why you would want to wax an amaryllis bulb. Could you explain this?
    • Jeannette

Jackson Perkins are waxing their bulbs for Christmas décor. Say no soil or
      water needed.
  • Elaine

I’m rather shocked to read your question! Why would you ever, ever want to wax a bulb? If you are trying to get it to re-bloom, the last thing the bulb needs is a coat of wax on it. Perhaps your computer/tablet/phone inserted an incorrect word and you didn’t mean “wax”. Google “how to get an Amaryllis to re-bloom“ and you will see lots of information.
  • Lamar Havard

From the nursery kingdom of the South: Semmes, Alabama
  • Catherine Anspaugh

I have never heard of this before.