I have a start of honeysuckle in a glass of water. It now has roots.

Catherine AnspaughRobyn GarnerBfv9381084
+3

Should I plant it outside now or keep it inside until spring?

• Robyn Garner

I would first plant it in soil akin to where you plan to have it in your garden but place it in a pot. This will allow the plant to start itself growing in soil. THEN, if it seems strong enough (don't know how your winters are), I'd place it in the ground before frost but would protect it from extremes.
  • Catherine Anspaugh

Where abouts do you live? Zone or state?
  • Bfv9381084

This is a very invasive plant. It grows like crazy and unless you live on a farm, I wouldn't recommend. I love the smell, but if you ever want to get rid of it, you have to dig roots or possibly burn then watch for new growth. Do your research.
  • Robyn Garner

I had put a honeysuckle in a large pot and the tap root went into the ground. Yes, it can get "out of control" but yearly I take a clipper to it and go mad! I top it down to a couple of feet and chop off all the branches that have laid on the ground so they don't root. So far, so OK.
  • Catherine Anspaugh

I wouldn't put it outside until next spring. Go ahead and pot it up in some good potting soil and put it in a sunny window until spring then go ahead and plant it outside. Make sure to feed and water it regularly.