Mayleesa
Mayleesa
  • Saint Petersburg, FL

How to stop weeds from growing through a weed barrier already placed

BijousGfl28201808Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+2

I placed 2 sheets of commercial weed barrier, place rubber mulch on top and sprayed already weed\grass killer and the weeds are still poking through

• Lorraine Auld

Red Diesel on it before the weed barrier. Not had a weed come up for 20 yrs . Hope this helps 😃

• Weeds are a fack of life, no way to avoid them. The weeds you see are growing on top of the weed barrier, are shallow rooted and easy to pluck. Spray with full strength vinegar if you wish, better than weed killer and environmentally friendly.
  • Gfl28201808

• Gfl28201808

ive layered Newspapers6 or7 layers,wet it and put whatever on top,mulch etc. I haven’t had any eeeds yet. Hope this helps you.
  • Bijous

Before you do anything to them, at least give them a round of applause. Tough little buggers. I forget who said it, but "a weed is just a flower we haven't found a use for yet."