Linda
Linda
  • Gresham, NE

I have quite a few Blackburn jelly jars with handles, what can I do?

Pam BennettCharlie BaldridgeReyes Nunez
+19

I also have scoops from my Soy Protein drink packages, don't like throwing away what can I also do with them?
q i have quite a few blackburn jelly jars with handles what can i do wi

Make candles with the jars,use them for plant cuttings,storage small craft items,batteries
    • Robert Rusk

Facebook go to your Facebook and check out the local sights to sell odds and ends. You would be surprised what sells on those. GOOD LUCK....Gigi
  • Peg

I made a neat candle out of the same jar.
  • For25102135

I'd make Christmas gifts. First I'd cover the lid with some pretty cloth and cut the piece long enough to leave some hanging over the entire lid and hot glue it to the top and tie a thing rope bow around the rim. In that glass jar I'd put some hot chocolate or ground coffee or maybe even instant coffee. You can put anything in there that needs to be scoped out...like jelly beans! Take the scooper and another strip of the cloth from the lid. Put the strip around the handle of the mug and "attach" the scoop to the handle. Tie another piece of the rope on the handle of the scoop and/or the handle of the mug. Merry Christmas. Or.....

Check www.pinterest.com and search "mason jars". Or google for some ideas. There are endless projects out there.
  • Catherine Anspaugh

Lots of people are using these as drinking glasses these days.
  • Jacque Spillman

I made flavored instant coffees for friends and put them in jars. Tied the scoops on w/raffia. If yours don't have a hole you can add a hole w/a hot poker or just tie w/bow.
    use the fabric to cover the lid or you can spray paint - use the Krylon that says for metal - spray in well ventilated DUST & PET free area!
  • Wyldecent

You can paint the lids, poke a hole in it for a straw and use them for covered drinking glasses outside.
  • Nancy Gramm

As Forlawanda suggested, make Christmas gifts. It's been a few years since Redneck Wine Glasses were hot, but they're still cute and you have the perfect jars for them. Just glue a dollar store glass candlestick to the bottom of a jar, then decorate.
    , Redneck Wine Glasses
  • Questar

For Christmas gifts fill with a packet or two of hot chocolate mix and a small package of cookies (like the peanutbutter crackers size). The treats inside can be holiday theme or just any kind of snacks/comfort food that will fit, or packaged soup for work with a spoon tied on with a ribbon for the harried worker friend. The jar can hold the hot chocolate or the hot soup, or just be a repositorie of snacks for the desk, car, etc. and the lid will keep it from spilling or things falling in. :)
  • Ili

Beans, rice, spices, oatmeal, etc., etc. Use nice waterproof labels
  • Gloria J. Renner

I canned salsa in them....they work fine. Just be sure to heat the lids real well first.
  • Claire Websdale

Frozen jam/jelly containers....no muss, no fuss and best-tasting.
  • Barbara Knott Speidel

You could use these for gifts for teachers for Christmas, if you have children in school.
  • Lisa S.

Make candles in them. Fill with candy to give as gifts . Donate to a senior center.
  • Peggy

I drink my coffee out of one. I don't get overly excited if one gets broken either.
  • TAMMY SPALSBURY

Paint them with glass pain, and put flowers artificial flowers 🌺 in them
  • TAMMY SPALSBURY

candles is also a great idea
  • Tina

Here in Australia they use these as drinking glasses you could get someone who is handy to drill a hole the size of a straw and put straws in to drink from. Also after hole is drilled in lid fill jar with lollies wrapped in Cellophane then replace lid makes a great gift to adults and older children.

• Danielle Odin

I use them as everyday drinking glasses. I am getting terrible at trying to hold a glass of water, but the handle makes it much easier to use.
  • Reyes Nunez

What kind of glu do you use.?
  • Charlie Baldridge

I have a complete service for 8 in the blue/white splatter ware and cook ware, I took the jar lids and a tiny nail and put several holes in the lids then painted them blue and used a brush with white paint acrylic paint to create a splatter ware markings. I also sealed them with two coats of poly so they are washable. This also keeps them from rusting in high humidity like we have here on the gulf coast. They are salt and pepper shakers, I also painted several more and they hold packets of salt, pepper, taco sauce, ketchup, soy sauce, nondairy packs and sweet & low. They line up nicely, and keep those things neat and handy for lunch bags or picnics and you can see what is in them. Now I am making more to use in my craft room to hold small things that always seem to find their way out of plastic bags. I'm using an old shelf and putting cup hooks on the bottom to hang the jars from. Up out of the way, neat and handy. and the extra shelf is a bonus.

• Pam Bennett

I use them to put my jelly and jam into. They are handy for this. Just water bath for ten minutes and use a reg.jar flat under the lid.