I have quite a few Blackburn jelly jars with handles, what can I do?

+20
I also have scoops from my Soy Protein drink packages, don't like throwing away what can I also do with them?
q i have quite a few blackburn jelly jars with handles what can i do wi
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Oct 06, 2017
    Make candles with the jars,use them for plant cuttings,storage small craft items,batteries
    • Robert Rusk Robert Rusk on Oct 07, 2017
      Facebook go to your Facebook and check out the local sights to sell odds and ends. You would be surprised what sells on those. GOOD LUCK....Gigi
  • Peg Peg on Oct 06, 2017
    I made a neat candle out of the same jar.
  • For25102135 For25102135 on Oct 06, 2017
    I'd make Christmas gifts. First I'd cover the lid with some pretty cloth and cut the piece long enough to leave some hanging over the entire lid and hot glue it to the top and tie a thing rope bow around the rim. In that glass jar I'd put some hot chocolate or ground coffee or maybe even instant coffee. You can put anything in there that needs to be scoped out...like jelly beans! Take the scooper and another strip of the cloth from the lid. Put the strip around the handle of the mug and "attach" the scoop to the handle. Tie another piece of the rope on the handle of the scoop and/or the handle of the mug. Merry Christmas. Or.....

Check www.pinterest.com and search "mason jars". Or google for some ideas. There are endless projects out there.
  • Catherine Anspaugh Catherine Anspaugh on Oct 07, 2017
    Lots of people are using these as drinking glasses these days.
  • Jacque Spillman Jacque Spillman on Oct 07, 2017
    I made flavored instant coffees for friends and put them in jars. Tied the scoops on w/raffia. If yours don't have a hole you can add a hole w/a hot poker or just tie w/bow.
    use the fabric to cover the lid or you can spray paint - use the Krylon that says for metal - spray in well ventilated DUST & PET free area!
  • Wyldecent Wyldecent on Oct 07, 2017
    You can paint the lids, poke a hole in it for a straw and use them for covered drinking glasses outside.
  • Nancy Gramm Nancy Gramm on Oct 07, 2017
    As Forlawanda suggested, make Christmas gifts. It's been a few years since Redneck Wine Glasses were hot, but they're still cute and you have the perfect jars for them. Just glue a dollar store glass candlestick to the bottom of a jar, then decorate.
  • Questar Questar on Oct 07, 2017
    For Christmas gifts fill with a packet or two of hot chocolate mix and a small package of cookies (like the peanutbutter crackers size). The treats inside can be holiday theme or just any kind of snacks/comfort food that will fit, or packaged soup for work with a spoon tied on with a ribbon for the harried worker friend. The jar can hold the hot chocolate or the hot soup, or just be a repositorie of snacks for the desk, car, etc. and the lid will keep it from spilling or things falling in. :)
  • Ili Ili on Oct 07, 2017
    Beans, rice, spices, oatmeal, etc., etc. Use nice waterproof labels
  • Gloria J. Renner Gloria J. Renner on Oct 07, 2017
    I canned salsa in them....they work fine. Just be sure to heat the lids real well first.
  • Claire Websdale Claire Websdale on Oct 07, 2017
    Frozen jam/jelly containers....no muss, no fuss and best-tasting.
  • Barbara Knott Speidel Barbara Knott Speidel on Oct 08, 2017
    You could use these for gifts for teachers for Christmas, if you have children in school.
  • Lisa S. Lisa S. on Oct 08, 2017
    Make candles in them. Fill with candy to give as gifts . Donate to a senior center.
  • Peggy Peggy on Oct 08, 2017
    I drink my coffee out of one. I don't get overly excited if one gets broken either.
  • TAMMY SPALSBURY TAMMY SPALSBURY on Oct 08, 2017
    Paint them with glass pain, and put flowers artificial flowers 🌺 in them
    candles is also a great idea
  • Tina Tina on Oct 09, 2017
    Here in Australia they use these as drinking glasses you could get someone who is handy to drill a hole the size of a straw and put straws in to drink from. Also after hole is drilled in lid fill jar with lollies wrapped in Cellophane then replace lid makes a great gift to adults and older children.

• Danielle Odin Danielle Odin on Oct 10, 2017
    I use them as everyday drinking glasses. I am getting terrible at trying to hold a glass of water, but the handle makes it much easier to use.
  • Reyes Nunez Reyes Nunez on Oct 12, 2017
    What kind of glu do you use.?
  • Charlie Baldridge Charlie Baldridge on Oct 12, 2017
    I have a complete service for 8 in the blue/white splatter ware and cook ware, I took the jar lids and a tiny nail and put several holes in the lids then painted them blue and used a brush with white paint acrylic paint to create a splatter ware markings. I also sealed them with two coats of poly so they are washable. This also keeps them from rusting in high humidity like we have here on the gulf coast. They are salt and pepper shakers, I also painted several more and they hold packets of salt, pepper, taco sauce, ketchup, soy sauce, nondairy packs and sweet & low. They line up nicely, and keep those things neat and handy for lunch bags or picnics and you can see what is in them. Now I am making more to use in my craft room to hold small things that always seem to find their way out of plastic bags. I'm using an old shelf and putting cup hooks on the bottom to hang the jars from. Up out of the way, neat and handy. and the extra shelf is a bonus.

• Pam Bennett Pam Bennett on Oct 17, 2017
    I use them to put my jelly and jam into. They are handy for this. Just water bath for ten minutes and use a reg.jar flat under the lid.
  • Jan Jan on Jul 04, 2020

Does anyone know where to get replacement lids for these?