Ila
Ila

Best ecological way to clean soap scum and water spots from a shower

B. EnneKelly Denoyer RussellIla
+5

make a mixture of white vinegar and water,add a dab of blue dawn dish soap and a dab of jet dry
  • Peg

Steam cleaning that stuff works for me well.
  • 27524803

Start with vinegar and water... then if that does not work, try CLR. Steam cleaning works too... but not every one has the equipment.
  • Fauxgal

I agree with Marty.

• Catherine Anspaugh

Pure vinegar in a spray bottle. Spray it on thickly and then let it stand for quite a few minutes, just don't let it dry. If it is really dirty scrub it with a stiff brush. Then just wash it down and dry well to stop spots from forming.
  • Ila

Thanks for your suggestions.

• Kelly Denoyer Russell

Keep in mind that sometimes the glass is permantly etched and not dirty.
  • B. Enne

I find using a squeegee everyday, and body wash instead of bar soap, makes a HUGE difference, and I have hard water.
    In my tub, I use a dish scrubby filled with 1/2 vinegar, 1/2 lemon juice (or I make my own citrus vinegar instead of adding lemon juice) and a couple of squirts of dishwashing liquid works best without having to use a ton of water to rinse.
    I don't use this in my new shower only due to the warranty. My old shower doors looked like new when they were removed, and they initially had stains before I started using my afore-mentioned cleaner.