Linda
Linda
  • Gresham, NE

What can I make with used occasion cards from family that I don't want

Michele PappagalloCarol SmitheyDiane Weldy Tavegia
+3

• Bbunny42

Cut off the fronts of the cards and mail to St. Jude's Hospital for the children to use in craft work. Also, check for local agencies, like adult day care or perhaps hospitals, that use these also.
  • Fauxgal

I have always cut the card(s) like an index card, and put family recipes on the back of them. You can label in little letters who the card was from.
  • Diane Weldy Tavegia

Pull out the center paper with sentiments on it and donate the cards to a local nursing home or a women's shelter. I did this but I glued in a fresh sheet of paper in a matching color and if the envelope had been written on, made matching envelopes. If a woman can't feed her child, she certainly can't afford a birthday or holiday card and the elderly are many times totally overlooked by family at the holidays. A card from the staff or even a stranger (you and your family) can be very touching.
  • Carol Smithey

I find a clear candy dish, tray, plate or ashtray (anything clear), then cut the prettiest part of the card to fit the bottom . Place dish on top of card and pencil around it , then cut to shape. Make sure no edges hang over (you may have to trim again with scissors or razor blade). Spray top of card lightly with adhesive spray and stick to bottom of dish. Place dish bottomside up and spray paint with colors that matches colors in the card (I often use gold or silver for an elegant look). Spray at least 3 coats, then finish with 2 or 3 coats of clear gloss enamel to seal and protect. If you like, attach adhesive felt pads to bottom when dry.

• Michele Pappagallo

Frame to front pictures if they are nice, use them for collages, decoupage the pictures onto various items to add a bit of color, make a scrapbook.