Sharon
Sharon
  • Irving, TX

Birdhouse Ideas

Carol AnnSandy RodeLem28410398
+6

I found this birdhouse by the curb waiting to be picked up by the trash collectors. It is too beautiful to go to the landfill.

I was thinking about spray painting it white and then accenting the wood frame but I am not sure how. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
q birdhouse ideas
q birdhouse ideas
  • Weepnseoul

first of all, what a beautiful find! if you want to spray paint it, i would recommend primer first, (just my opinion) then use a rustoleum spray paint. if keeping outside - prevent rusting, if I'm correct, those are metal bars. if you want to do it professionally, and have time, I would take out the bars, (depending on difficulty), otherwise, spray painting is a good idea. May take some times, as it looks like there are many difficult to reach spaces. When you're done, would love to see a finished pic.
  • FL

It looks like a reproduction Victorian bird cage. Painting it all white is an awesome idea and would fir with many décor styles like French Country, Shabby Chic and Country/Rustic.
  • Lisa Hall Smith

those are so pretty.

• Fauxgal

It's gorgeous! Maybe accent the the windows and door, ball tops, and the very bottom wood, with your color. I like aqua!
  • Pjo26908388

I can see why you brought the bird cage home, it is awesome! I love it just the way it is. Real wood is so warm and welcoming. A good dusting and some lemon oil will brighten the wood tones.
    Color can be added with what you add inside like white led lights and a colorful paper or fabric on the floor.

Whatever you decide, it is a lovely find!
  • Diane Weldy Tavegia

I'd go 'shabby chic' and use some light brown or pale gray paint on a rag or a block of wood lightly rubbed onto corners or other areas that would have gotten some wear and tear naturally, or just use sand paper in spots to let the original finish show through.
  • Lem28410398

Just leave it alone. Wood is not meant to be painted. It is just right how it is.
  • Sandy Rode

I would leave the wood as is and just freshen up put lots of vining plants inside and add color with fairies and decorationS. it is so sad to me that someone would throw the beautiful cage away.

• Carol Ann

Ohhhhh! If it was mine...Boho colors!! Gorgeous piece, what a find!!