Empty Bottle To a Beach Beauty

$5

I don't know what gets me thinking more...empty boxes or empty bottles! What can I make with it? How can I repurpose it? This is one such recycle project using an empty liquor bottle. I loved the handle on it because it reminded me of old fashioned jugs. First the label got soaked off and the bottle washed out with the stopper removed.
Next I decided on the macrame style of tying it to look like fish netting around the body of the bottle. To start I tied jute string around the neck with long strings evenly attached to the starter rope, those strings were 4X the height of the bottle.
The next step is to take two strings as shown below from a previous project and begin tying knots in rows, twisting the bottle around as you tie. Do a full circumference and then proceed tying the next row. Continue this pattern until you've reached the bottle base.
Below you'll see its completed with rounds of string to finish off the base and also to accent the neck. Held in place with the help of Aleene's Tacky glue.
The starfish accent, can you guess where I fished that from? Lol They were picnic tablecloth weights bought at a dollar store after season sale! Winner, winner chicken dinner!
To seal off the top without the simple stopper it came with I added a seashell. It was the perfect touch to my beach decor look that I was aiming for. The starfish bottle was also a repurposed liquor bottle, who says repurposed isn't pretty?
It looks great when placed with other coastal items I usually swap my items and mix and match differently when I want a change.
Here it is sitting beside a previously posted bottle makeover project, blue iceberg beer bottles. These were created to become table numbers for my daughters wedding.
Hope I inspired you to go digging through your recycle bin to find a bottle to turn into a beauty!

• Recycled Liquor Bottle  (Recycle Bin)
  • Jute String  (Dollarama)
  • Aleene's Tacky glue  (Walmart)

• Emma Salazar

How do you tie/finish off the bottom?
    • Sea Trace Creations

String ends were pulled to reach mid center of base then cut and glued in place with Aleenes tacky glue. I applied a thin felt circle over the base to conceal this, press firmly to ensure your bottle isn't going to wobble.