Why is it that the spray mechanism in most products (small bottles and

ThelmaRoxanegNancy Turner
+2

large ones like pest control and Round Up gives out long before the bottle is empty. I've tried emerging them in hot or warm soapy water, nothing helps, i am stuck with numerous nonworking sprayers. thank you, jo b.

• April. Cardarelli

Try soaking in very hot water for a few minutes , then take a pin & try opening the spray hole.
  • Michele Pappagallo

Unfortunately, the plastic mechanisms often corrode due to the exposure to the chemicals in those products. It is a pain, but one thing you might try is to remove the sprayer each time after you use the product, rinse it well with warm water and spray water through it to clean the mechanism. Store the product with a cork or screw-on lid, and don't put the sprayer back into the bottle until you are ready to use it again.
  • Nancy Turner

If you can get the sprayer out of the bottle, try putting the little hose in hot soapy water to see if the gunk can be loosened that is stopping up the nozzle. Try to work the sprayer so that the soapy water goes through.
  • Roxaneg

It helps if you clean the sprayer after each use. I tend to buy gallon sprayers for my garden chemicals because the sprayer is of better quality. Those I clean out after every use.
  • Thelma

Just like spray cans of paint, turn the sprayer upside down after each use - while it's still in the chemical - and spray it until nothing comes out of the sprayer. This cleans the sprayer after each use and keeps it working great until the chemical is all used up.