How can I measure a round small toilet whitout removing from the floor

KenSally-Charles EvansJay Paden
+1

I want to replace an old round small toilet for an elongated toilet...how can I measure these toilet if this elongated toilet is going to fit without removing the old toilet?

• Michele Pappagallo

Typically the base of the toilet will be nearly the same...no matter if the toilet bowl is round or elongated. They are all made in a standard size.
  • Jay Paden

thats right if they go into the floor
  • Sally-Charles Evans

I have had to repair missing floor because the new toilet had a smaller footprint. Just saying.....
  • Ken

I have to agree with Sally-Charles Evans that the shape of the footprint is a little different from toilet to toilet. You may end up with a small area of floor exposed that was not exposed before. As for the actual fit, all toilet drains, except those specially made for short clearance, have the bolts 12" from the back wall. Your only real problem would be clearance at the front of the toilet, often from a door, wall, or cabinet. My elongated toilets both extend 31" from the back wall and you can use that for comparison.