Nancy
Nancy
  • Buffalo, NY

Blank blah wall

Janet PizaroJanet PanosRoxaneg
+1

I want to do something to a wall besides wall paper and sponge painting, been there, done that. Does anyone have any different ideas that one person can do by themselves? thank you anyone for ideas. Nancy

• Johnavallance82

Wallpaper it...............
  • Roxaneg

Artwork? Mirrors? Giant flowers? A tapestry?

If you go to fabric stores you see some gorgeous fabrics that could really be framed and put up on a blah wall. Or you can hang them like a tapestry from a curtain rod.

The nice thing about fabric is that if you don't like it, then you can change it easily enough. Check with a design studio in the area and ask them for samples they no longer need/want.

I also had a friend who was into flowers and created a wall of flowers: small shelves with a series of vases/flower pots and her flowers. The flowers were paper, silk, glass and wood-- anything that she felt she could not kill. The shelves were discarded wood that she painted to fit the color of the pots/vases.

I know mirrors are so something, but you can get mirrors cut into shapes that can be grouped to show birds in flight or a spray of butterflies. I've seen the mirror shapes at the Dollar Tree of all places.

Have you seen the YouTube videos of fluid art? You take a canvas (check out the local Goodwill or Salvation Army), paint the canvas white and then using acrylic paints just pour the stuff onto a canvas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deP6iAZDd_4 (Skip ahead)
  • Janet Panos

Hello! Take a look at this Hometalk idea to update a wall with board and batten. Looks so nice, particularly when you view the before photo!