Need use twin mattress set w/full headboard Please advise.

TerriPat KleinmaierLinda Sikut
+3

• KattywhampusLOL

Hello Lavndrblu843 When I was a little girl I loved listeing to Burl Ives sing the song Lavender Blue dilly dilly (giving away my age now LOL). Anyway, back to the problem at hand. I can't help but wonder if there might be some way of turning the headboard sideways so it is the length of the side of the twin mattress and turn it into a daybed/couch piece of furniture, even if it is only in your bedroom (similar to the linkshttps://www.pinterest.com/pin/301248662551153311/ below where a full sized bed was used with a queen sized headboard):
    OR omit the headboard entirely and just use the single bed pushed up against the wall as a daybed effect piled with lovely fluffy pillows, similar to the link below:
    I think it would be a lovely addition to any room :) Thanks for using HOMETALK for ideas :)
  • What is to advise? Just center the bed on the headboard. Once bed is made and a few decorative pillows are added and maybe a nice throw, it should look just dandy!
  • 27524803

You could make floating night stands on the areas of the full headboard that over hang the mattress..
  • Linda Sikut

If you need a used twin mattress set with a full size head board my suggestion would be to look on craigslist.com for a full size head board and two twin size beds but health advisors have stated that you should never use a used mattress. You don't know whether a used mattress has been infested with bugs or flooded with pee. (put bluntly) You could buy the mattress and use it with no headboard until you are able to find a used one but, for your health please don't use a used mattress.
  • Pat Kleinmaier

Would a king size headboard work better with the twins?

• Terri

twin is 3' full is 4'6" queen is 5' King is 6' If you have 1 twin a double size HB will hang off each side 8 inchs it just won't look right unless you attach shelves on each side as night tables. You can get away with a queen for a full because you can fudge 3 inches on either side and it looks bigger anyway. But if you have two twins you can put them together and use a king.