How to install can lighting above shower

Robyn GarnerFlipturnWilliam
+1

• 27524803

Very Carefully.. and by an electrician... lighting near a water source needs to be specially grounded and to be a waterproof fixture...and any thing that can accidentally grabbed by someone leaving a wet area is a big hazard. A light box actually in a shower would scare me to death.. Perhaps you should consider putting in a track light with adjustable spot lights to "throw" light into the shower.... and keep the electricity as far away from the water source as possible

If you really want a light in the shower hire an electrician. Also your local codes may not allow it. It is not a job for a DIY. Personally I don't know why anyone needs a light in a shower.
  • Flipturn

So you can see what you are doing when you are trying to shave your legs.
  • Robyn Garner

Agreed this doesn't sound like a great idea for using a pot light. I put a fan/light unit in both my baths just outside the shower area. It throws great light and keeps the humidity from building up.