What flowers would work in zone 10 (Florida) for the front yard?

+5
  • 27524803 27524803 on Oct 06, 2017
    check with one of your local nurseries, or just drive around and see what you like... be aware that places like Home Depot and Lowe's do not always sell local plants... they purchase from large nurseries from all over the country and it may not grow well in your area.
  • Catherine Anspaugh Catherine Anspaugh on Oct 06, 2017
    That depends on what time of year you are planting. The summers are just so darn hot down here, as you well know, it's hard to keep a lot of thing going. Right about now the beautiful geraniums are coming in stores. These will last into spring. Can you give me some kind of idea which season you mean?
    • Dba30530789 Dba30530789 on Oct 07, 2017
      I am trying to do something with the front of our home. (both sides of front door and along front of house), Looking for low lying plants that are somewhat easy to take care of as this is my first go at it. Thanks for all your help!
    thank you Marty

• Robyn Garner Robyn Garner on Oct 07, 2017
    Sun or shade? I have full sun and pentas are fabulous AND I can reseed them! I've had plants going for 10 years this way. Other good choices can be found by searching FL friendly landscaping.
  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Oct 07, 2017
    I give this same answer all the time, but it bears repeating---- go to a local nursery and see what they are selling. The plants they sell are chosen specifically because they will grow in your area. In addition, the sales people are knowledgeable and can give you tips on growing these plants.
  • Catherine Anspaugh Catherine Anspaugh on Oct 07, 2017
    Right. I would head to Home Depot or Lowe's. They both have a huge selection that will do well for you since everything they sell is specifically for our area. Tell them what your project is and they will be more than happy to guide you. The plants will require a bit more attention at first with extra water and feeding until they get established. Good luck.