Asked on Oct 6, 2017

Where can you find wide wood cheap?



Looking for wood that is 1-2" thick and a few feet wide. I can only find 1"x12"x(4' or 8' or 12'). All I can find is plywood. I want something I can stain.

6 answers
  • Nancy Turner
    on Oct 6, 2017

    You can stain plywood. You just need to find a good piece. Check out actual lumber yards, not just big box home improvement stores. If you know anyone that makes furniture by hand they may be able to direct you to somewhere.
  • Archie
    on Oct 7, 2017

    A 2x12 is 1 1/2 "thick X 12" wide. They are common.
  • Go to a proper lumberyard! You will be in love . . .
  • Striveshare
    on Oct 7, 2017

    cabinet grade plywood, can be cut to size and stained also
  • Chubby58
    on Oct 7, 2017

    Try going to a habitat restore or salvage yard. You should be able to find a nice piece of wood or furniture that you can just take top off and it might be cheaper the lumber yard.
  • Archie
    on Oct 8, 2017

    Then you probably going to have to join two together. 2' wide boards are not common at all., in fact, I have never seen one other then ones taken from old buildings. You can glue two 2x12s side to side.
Your comment...