How do I get that green mold off my vinyl siding?

Janet PizaroFiddledd224Mary
+8

Try Wet and Forget
    • Bon29628538

What is that & where do you get it? I live in the sticks of Maine so we have to travel 70 miles, 1 way, too buy things.
  • Bijous

Easiest product every: EZ House Wash. Attach to hose and spray. I bought mine at Lowes.
  • Flipturn

What is causing the mold in the first place? Is it just normal seasonal lack of maintenance in a shady area, or do you live in a very wet part of the country?

Check to make sure that you don't have insufficient drainage somewhere.
  • Roxaneg

Wet and Forget is sprayed on the siding and kills the mold.
  • Cindy

I would scrub it with a solution of water, vinegar and bleach. The bleach will kill the mold for sure. Be sure to rinse with clean water.
  • Chubby58

Use a gallon sprayer and put bleach with just a little water and some Joy dish detergent, spray the vinyl, let it sit for a minute or two then rinse well.
  • Sharon

I use a long-handled car brush with a bucket of bleach and water, or ammonia and water and it gets rid of it fast, then rinse with hose.
  • Mary

I'm not sure it is safe to mix vinegar and bleach. I used bleach, dawn and a power washer.
  • Fiddledd224

If you have the time, use a heavy duty Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and hose it off. Works like a charm!