How do I get that green mold off my vinyl siding?

+8
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Oct 06, 2017
    Try Wet and Forget
    • Bon29628538 Bon29628538 on Oct 07, 2017
      What is that & where do you get it? I live in the sticks of Maine so we have to travel 70 miles, 1 way, too buy things.
  • Bijous Bijous on Oct 06, 2017
    Easiest product every: EZ House Wash. Attach to hose and spray. I bought mine at Lowes.
  • Flipturn Flipturn on Oct 06, 2017
    What is causing the mold in the first place? Is it just normal seasonal lack of maintenance in a shady area, or do you live in a very wet part of the country?

Check to make sure that you don't have insufficient drainage somewhere.
  • Roxaneg Roxaneg on Oct 06, 2017
    Wet and Forget is sprayed on the siding and kills the mold.
  • Cindy Cindy on Oct 06, 2017
    I would scrub it with a solution of water, vinegar and bleach. The bleach will kill the mold for sure. Be sure to rinse with clean water.
  • Chubby58 Chubby58 on Oct 06, 2017
    Use a gallon sprayer and put bleach with just a little water and some Joy dish detergent, spray the vinyl, let it sit for a minute or two then rinse well.
  • Sharon Sharon on Oct 06, 2017
    I use a long-handled car brush with a bucket of bleach and water, or ammonia and water and it gets rid of it fast, then rinse with hose.
  • Mary Mary on Oct 07, 2017
    I'm not sure it is safe to mix vinegar and bleach. I used bleach, dawn and a power washer.
  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Oct 07, 2017
    If you have the time, use a heavy duty Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and hose it off. Works like a charm!