Nick Kreticos
Nick Kreticos
  • Rowley, MA

Christmas Deco Mesh Wreath!

$30

Want to learn how to make this gorgeous Christmas Deco Mesh Wreath with an in depth tutorial? Watch LIVE on Hometalk at 10 AM EST On Saturday, October 7th!

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

Follow the steps below.
Want more free tutorials? Follow me on my social media accounts below!

christmas deco mesh wreath
Start with your 14" Metal Frame. We will be adding pipecleaners next.
christmas deco mesh wreath
Next, fold your pipe cleaner in half. As you can see, there is 6 individual sections on this wreath, with 4 individual wires. We will be incorporating ONE pipe cleaner on the inner two wires on each of the 6 sections, along with TWO on either side of the outer two wires on each section. In total, three pipe cleaners per section. We attach them to two wires to help provide stability.
christmas deco mesh wreath
Here is an example of the three pipecleaners per section.
christmas deco mesh wreath
Here is what the wreath looks like with all 18 pipe cleaners. This is called a "work wreath"Save money, make your OWN! :)
christmas deco mesh wreath
Next we will cut 18 green mesh, and 36 red mesh. We will cut each piece between 8-10 inches. They don't have to be exact, just try to stay within that range. I use a rotary blade for a smooth, clean cut.
christmas deco mesh wreath
Next we will " Roll" or "curl" the mesh into small tubes. In order to not get the cannoli effect, try to roll them so that the bottom and top are flush with each other.
christmas deco mesh wreath
Create a sandwich with the mesh by placing two red and one green together. Hold them firm, and place one clump of three inside of each pipe cleaner.
christmas deco mesh wreath
Here is what it looks like with all the mesh on the wreath.
christmas deco mesh wreath
Next create small loops with your tubing. I am creating three loops. Two on one side, and one on the other side. These loops are roughly 3 inches long.
christmas deco mesh wreath
Once you place one in each of the 18 sections, give one final good twist ( or two) and snip off using your wire cutters and NOT scissors. You do NOT want to dull your blades.
christmas deco mesh wreath
Attach a sign of your choice, and VOILA! A masterpiece! Perfect for your home, or as an amazing gift for friends and family!Want more free tutorials? Follow me on my social media accounts below!FacebookEtsyYouTubeInstagramMailing ListWebsite