Brenda Waters
Brenda Waters
  • Corydon, IN

I have flat paint on my bathroom walls my granddaughter has Long, long

Delores SnellenSue25278845Johnavallance82
+4

Has long hair did an oil treatment got oil all over my wall how do I get the oil spots off?

• Jewellmartin

I'm hoping this has been very recently. Mix cornstarch and water into a thick paste. Place newspaper or a drop cloth on the bathroom floor. Use your hand or a plastic trowel and spread the paste over all of the oil splatters. Some will fall directly into the floor, but the point is to get cornstarch to absorb as much oil as possible. Leave it on the wall a day or more. Then use a cloth or little broom to sweep all the cornstarch off. Then use the round brush attachment to vacuum the dust off the walls. Best case scenario, the cornstarch removed all the oil, and you don't have to do anything else. Best wishes 😇
  • Dfm

you could try dish soap....or priming the spots an touching up the paint if the above doesn't work
  • Mar7331663

I would say try dow bathroom cleaner it shouldn't hurt the paint. I have used it on my lamp shades. Spray on oxyclean can cut grease also. If you have to repaint be sure to use kills first it will not let the oil bleed thru
  • Number one question. Did you use washable paint? I would try with dawn dish soap and a damp sponge. Bathrooms are typically painted with a satin or semi gloss type paint to account for high humidity and easier to clean if the walls "sweat" when the shower is used. If and when you do repaint, think about opting for a different paint formula specifically for kitchen and bath use.
  • Johnavallance82

Try tissue and hair drier. or Dish Soap and water....
  • Sue25278845

try Mr Clean eraser
  • Delores Snellen

Or you could try a product called Awesome from the Dollar Tree It is in an orange spray bottle