I removed the old drawers, now what to do with file cabinet ?

Robyn GarnerJohnavallance82Dfm
+2

My old file cabinet drawers were stuck, so with neighbors help, he yanked them out and put in dumpster. As he was picking up the shell to discard, I immediately said don't put it in the dumpster. I have seen such great ideas from your readers, that I thought I'd ask for suggestions on how to re-purpose it. Of course I will paint it, but as it was laying horizontal on the ground, I wondered how could could it be used (vertical or horizontal) ? Also how can shelves be installed ?

• Dfm

okay now you have cubes...wicker or other type container similar in size to the drawer. Covered sturdy cardboard boxes work too.
  • Johnavallance82

lay it on it's back and use as garden planter....Or Pop sacks inside and use for Laundry or Rubbish........
  • Johnavallance82

Bar Keepers Friend....
  • Robyn Garner

This could make a great entry console w/ metal legs added! For ease, even baskets placed where the drawers were would work.