Beams

Val30066560Clök ConceptNancy Whitney
+7

We are trying to get these beams back to a lighter colour.. they obviously have been painted in the past... tried nitromoor but doesn't seem to strip it off....??
q beams
We are wanting to get the paint off these beams but no success even with nitromoor.. any ideas..? Thank you

try priming them with the same color as you want to paint them
  • Roxaneg

Try a different paint stripper such as Biostrip.

The other option is to sand.
  • Val30066560

We'll give it a go thank you and let you know how we get on
  • Cathy Ward Markham

Have you considered "wrapping" the beams? You can purchase faux beams to cover or make your own. There are lots of websites if you search "faux beams how to".
  • CecileH

I have no idea what the name of it is but you can buy a paste stripper which doesn't drip-maybe someone on here knows the name of it? You brush it on then go back with a putty knife and scrape it off. If I find the name I will be back to post it for you!....Peel Away by Dumond is one I found online but not what we have used in the past.

• SpudBread

REPAINT-- and use Zinzer 1-2-3 ALL PURPOSE Indoor-Outdoor-Oil-or-Waterbase PRIMER! Put it on THICK to cover that dark ... maybe even 2 coats! Works wonders ... then re-paint with your "new" lighter color. It should work & you can roll it on fast with those small mini long-handled rollers. You can get cheap roller covers etc. at the 99 Cent Only stores too!!! --- and, the primer is very fast drying. GOOD LUCK! We want to see your finished product!
  • Nancy Whitney

Buy valspar paint with primer, should cover well

• Nancy Whitney

Before valspar paint, put a coat of Kilz paint. It's white and makes a good base coat. It covers everything,
  • Clök Concept

I would use pre-glued wood veneer. CEDAN is my favorite brand. You can choose the essence of the wood, stain it the color you want (I love Saman stains).

Good luck with your project!
  • Val30066560

Thank you all we'll try them and. be back.