Trying to disguise a jetted garden tub that has never been used.

JewellmartinDfmCatherine Anspaugh
+1

can you post a photo
  • Catherine Anspaugh

Plant a hedge around it.
  • Dfm

my uncle had one of those.. he put some sturdy plywood over it...hinged it, made 2 holes for fingers so he could lift it up. stored a lot of cr/ excuse me stuff. unfortunately he forgot to plug the drain and the mice had their own motel.
  • Jewellmartin

Ha ha @Dfm! Love your posts. @Ldb51150, I also suggest a piece of plywood. But I wouldn't hinge it because it would add nothing to the resale value. Mid century and mid century modern are a giant trend now. In the future, a trend might be 1980s builders grade! Anyway, stain or paint the plywood as you wish. I might drill some drain holes for over-watering. Seal it as thoroughly as you can. Now, in my scenario, you have indoor plants from the window/garden tub ledge to the closest edge of the tub cover. Higher light plants nearer the window, and lower light plants on the tub cover. Use a hose and sprayer like you might use on an old footed tub as a shower, but run it from one of the bathroom sinks (Or the tub faucet if you cut out a space for it to run and unplug the drain.) Hence, the drainage holes. (Disconnect the shower hose when you don't need it and store it behind some of the bushier plants.) On the tub cover, place some glass, ceramic or resin decorative items that won't mind a shower. Oh, yes, don't forget to plug the drain after watering because you left a space to reach into the tub. Best wishes 😇