Stop flooding

WendyKaren KrysowatyRoxaneg
+2

I live in the mountains in tennesse. So most land has various slopes. What is way I can stop my garden from flooding.

• Dfm

sounds like you need you need to put your garden in containers. a couple of galvanized- used- live stock watering troughs?
  • Jewellmartin

Build a retaining wall above your garden with whatever material is available. Use 10 lb. or more rocks as the base and at least the first rows up. Behind the rocks, stack one or more old logs, tree stumps and smaller rocks to create a dam.
    From your garden itself, line the sides open to flooding with rocks and logs. On the outside of each garden wall, dig a small trench and line it with small rocks or pebbles. Place a plank across the trench at the entrance of your garden. If you live on some normal rugged rocky Tennessee land, all of this could be free. Best wishes 😇
  • Roxaneg

You can put in a drain tile or a French drain or a dry creek to direct the water.
  • Karen Krysowaty

I would build raised beds if you can gauge how high and how far the flooding goes. I used Cut logs to form a barrier in our yard that receives the water from the hill. Works well