Advice, help on redecorating my room for more space, less clunky

LindaBarbara GiragosianLinda Sikut

That’s the pics of my room. It’s approx 9.5x10. My bed is a queen. So I need more room. There’s absolutely nothing to do in. Here. I live in Southern California I’m looking to try to spend under a few hundred dollars. I like minimal or whatever. I’m actually super open on designs. I’m a guy btw. I don’t want to but if I need to buy. A new bed I was thinking of a full and sorry for the pics, dogs woke me up at 430 am and I can’t sleep. I’m just looking for more space and if wanna have someone come play some video games they don’t have to sit on the bed

• Linda Sikut

Is this a room in an apartment or is this a room in your parent's home? If it's in an apartment I would move the TV and video games to a different room. A bedroom is for sleeping, and all of that blue light from your TV and games actually affects your sleep. If it's in your parent's home, a smaller bed might help make it look like you have some space but the difference in the bed size still isn't much and you still need a place for the guys to sit.

You can make more room in your closet by making a double rod. One higher and one lower. You'll have to measure your shirts & jackets (plus the hanger) to figure out how far apart they can be. Start by moving your current rod up (double the space that you need) then install a lower rod. You can put shelves on both of them and use fold over pants hangers if you hang your pants. There are a lot of closet space savers like this available but making your own is simple and a lot less expensive. I have done this in every bedroom closet in my home.

Hope some of these ideas help. A 9.5 x 10 room is very small for all of the things you want to have in it. Good luck figuring it out. :)
  • Barbara Giragosian

How about a Murphy bed, queen size, a coat of paint and folding chairs.
  • Linda

I suggest centering the bed under the window with 2 nightstand or bedside tables as large as possible with as many drawers &/or shelves as possible. Then utilize all the closet floor space for dresser, credenza, wire drawer sets, whatever will provide your needed storage. As to the "bedroom TV" (definitely man-sized) could it or a smaller one be hung over the closet? Or move it to wall facing the door so wires/accessories can be in closet? Or in the closet so you open the door for TV viewing? Good luck!