Can I use a wading pool to make a seasonal garden?

EllisNancy TurnerMichele Pappagallo
+3

• Cheryl A

they would leak with the weight of the soil and flowers - and some of the plastics are toxic to plants as well
  • Barbara Baldwin

You know those plastic kids pools? They work for garden beds..I don't know what a wading pool is..
  • 27524803

If it is a hard plastic pool.. I don't see why not... but you will probably need to drill holes in the bottom for good drainage
  • Michele Pappagallo

Yes. These work great for that. Just put a small layer of gravel in the bottom to help with drainage...you could also drill a few small holes for more drainage. Then, fill with a good soil, compost, etc and plant your plants.
  • Nancy Turner

Just make sure it isn't too small, you want to have enough soil over the gravel to support the root systems of the plants you want so that you will have plants that are healthy and growing large.
  • Ellis

Many flower pots are plastic, too. So yes, just drill or cut some small holes all around the bottom of the wading pool for drainage.