Ingrid Parker
Ingrid Parker
  • Canada

Bringing plants inside for the winter

Robert RuskCindi YoungNancy Turner
+1

What can be done to prevent bugs on plants brought inside for the winter?

• Cheryl A

I have always heard of washing them with a mild soap and water first but I would check with walterreeves.com he has a wealth of info about plants for your region
  • Nancy Turner

Do the washing on both sides of the leaves and look for bugs in the soil. Be gentle when you wash and rinse them. Make sure the plants get the light that they need to stay healthy, you may need to get a grow light. Make sure you give them the correct moisture as it may change being inside.
  • Cindi Young

O
  • Robert Rusk

Lol just reminded me of when we lived in AR. pretty much in the woods. I thought I had went thru my fern and cleaned it. But the kids found a huge spider the size of a saucer. Mr. Said it was a taranchala !! He had to take the hose to the vacumed and suck that awfull beast to the end of the hose. Then put in a sack to take out. GOOD LUCK with your plants......Gigi.