How can I get stains out of plastic containers?

V SmithKathy ALois Vrns
+3

Have different ones that have probably been put in the microwave and shouldn't have. But I have some nice ones that have never been in a microwave and have tried bleach and vinegar. Did not help at all. Any ideas?

• Nancy Turner

Anything acidic that you put in plastic containers will discolor the plastic. Especially anything with tomato base. It will etch into the plastic and probably never come out.
  • Big lulu

Try scrubbing with baking soda and liquid soap. Lots of baking soda and just enough soap to wet it.
    My guess is that some oily foods have been absorbed into the plastic and may never come out.
  • Joan

How about trying a baking soda paste...
  • Lois Vrns

baking soda and elbow grease or living with it until you no longer "notice" it
  • Kathy A

Scrub it well and don't worry about it; buying a new container and recycling the old is always my best bet!
  • V Smith

Put them in a sunny location and let the sun do it. It will not fix the ones that have been microwaved in to place.