Do you have a simple recipe for homemade frabic paint

BijousSharon

I have a very plush red velvet headboard on my bed I love but want to change the clour

• Sharon

Why ruin it with paint when its so easy to recover with a staple gun and a piece of fabric? or you take it outside and dye it with Rite Dye, if its cotton velvet use the regular Rite dye, or if its poly use the new dye for synthetics. You must mix in hottest water possible.... https://www.musely.com/tips/HOW-TO-DYE-UPHOLSTERY-WITH-RIT-DYE/29491289
    When dyeing you can only go darker, you can't lighten with dye. You could use color remover first to get it to a lighter shade, and then dye it. So you could go a deep blue, chocolate brown, violet, black, grey

• Bijous

You can paint velvet but after you paint it you will need to brush it out to soften up the velvet again. Use a 2 paint to 1 water mixture. If you want to lighten it's going to take several coats -- brushing in between. I've give it a try on the back first before you attempt to do the whole headboard.