Min Joyce Irvin-Snuggs
Min Joyce Irvin-Snuggs
  • Grapeland, TX

How and with what do I strip this piece? I really appreciate the help

Johnavallance82Min29356703Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+6

q how and with what do i strip this piece i really appreciate the help
I need help!!!
  • Johnavallance82

What type of finish are you wanting to achieve?
  • Sharon

I bet this adorable cabinet is worth some money with its original finish, if you strip it.... it loses its value.
  • Bijous

Do you really want to strip the finish? It may not be great wood underneath.

what xactly do you need help with? Do you want to refinish it?You need to explain what you would like help with
  • What a beautiful piece! Check for markings first to see if has antique value. If not, use Citristrip to remove the finish, then lightly sand, then restain or paint.
  • Min29356703

Don't strip it. Paint it. Use chalk paint. No need to sand or strip. Remove the knobs fill/putty the holes you are not going to use and get stylish ones you love. In the back of Michael's Crafts there are decorative wooden or even not wood embellishments you could add. I like the scalloped or roped thin strip you could put( glue) across the front top edge and where that long strip is on the bottom. It comes out really nice. Decorate the doors on that top part too with embellishments or use an awesome stencil. When done... poly acrylic all of it to protect it forever. YOU WILL LOVE IT
  • Min29356703

Ok if you don't want to to paint it, don't strip it. It is probably veneer.
    Use OLD ENGLISH on it instead and watch it transform. It will come out nice. You will be surprised how nice.
  • Johnavallance82

Well if you want it to look the same as it is only more shiny I would suggest you try Mayonnaise rubbed in in circles all over. This will feed the wood and give you a shine.