How can I get ride of my textured ceiling?

Janet PizaroLee27609273Bijous
+1

• 2dogal

I think what you are asking is how to get rid of textured ceilings. If they are the popcorn ceilings, first, makes sure you ave a tarp down as it is messy. Spray an area with water then scrape the texture off. You MUST wear a mask while doing this as many older popcorn ceilings have asbestos in them and you do not want to get it in your lungs.
  • Bijous

Boy, removing either a texture or "popcorn" ceiling can be a real job. One easy answer is to cover it with either new sheetrock or beadboard.

Ask the hardware store in your area about what is best for removing your ceiling. If it's popcorn it's a whole lot easier than if it's plaster.
  • Lee27609273

yes, Bijous, we had a very old and ugly textured ceiling and put 3/8” plywood over it. Turned out great and was actually easier than trying to scrape off the texture