Francine Campbell
Francine Campbell
  • Saint Louis, MO

How to clean yellow pillow

CindyTesRoxaneg
+3

• Catherine Anspaugh

Do you mean an actual bed pillow or insert? If so, I would soak it in Oxy Clean for awhile then wash. See if this helps.
  • Merritt

I have always had good luck removing yellowing with biz powdered all fabric bleach. Let the item soak over night in your washer or a bucket or sink in the warmest/hottest water possible then wash and dry. Biz seems to work, the others did not. It smells weird though so just to let you know. ;)
  • it depends on what the pillow is made of. It is a white pillow that turned yellow with age?
  • Roxaneg

Check the tags to make sure the pillows are washable. Then it's going to be a soak and a scrub and voila. . . https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/how-to-rescue-old-yellowed-pillows
  • Tes

Lay them out in the sunshine. you ll be amazed
  • Cindy

I wash our pillows in the washing machine but I like to lay them outside to dry. If you have feather pillows, you might want to take them to the cleaners.