E95656
E95656

What's the best way to paint baseboards.

KattywhampusLOLBck23255657Karen Krysowaty
+2

• Roxaneg

The best way? Have someone else do it.

But if you are determined, you can remove all the baseboards and paint them that way. The major issue with doing that is it's a lot of work and you end up breaking something you don't want to. Replacing them means you'll end up touching up spots.

The best way? My parents had children to paint baseboards, but I don't, so I spread a dropcloth and tape off the wall and use a good brush or foam brush and paint, scooting along the floor as I progress. My knees thank me.
  • Janet Panos

Hello! Here is a 9-step process to paint your baseboards:

• Karen Krysowaty

Wash first then tape along the top and along the floor. Make any repairs if necessary and then paint with a brush.
  • Bck23255657

Put the boards on saw horses and paint before installing then you just have to touch up.
  • KattywhampusLOL

Hello Paula 410 :) The BEST way to paint baseboards is to take your time and do a thorough job so it looks complete and nice ;) Why do a job half-way and then be disappointed in the long run with it? Right? So below is a link to tell you AND show you how to do baseboards the RIGHT way :) Good Luck and thanks for using HOMETALK to learn the best way to paint baseboards :)
    (p..s. the only thing I would do differently is use painters tape on both the floor and wall along the edge of the baseboard BEFORE I paint on the primer or the paint, and then carefully pull up the tape before the paint dries, and lay tape AGAIN when it's dried and time for the next coat of paint --- better safe than sorry) ;)