Margaret
Margaret
  • Kansas City, MO

Have you heard of soaking your feet in vinegar?

Nancy WhitneyCindyNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+5

A Doctor on my local radio station, was being interviewed. He said soak your feet in white vinegar, it will release the toxins out of your body.

• Rebecca Taylor

Hello, there are only a few ways to expel toxins, through sweat, urine, or feces so it does not make sense to me.
  • Linda Sikut

I hate to say this, but a lot of things that are supposed to release body toxins are a hoax. You know those pads they sell that turn black in the morning from supposed pulling out toxins? Guess what, if you take them out of the package and put them on your dresser, they will also turn black. Your body is designed to remove toxins through the liver and kidney functions (as I understand it) so I am very leery when anyone says something pulls toxins out of your body. BTW, did he also mention that this can be harmful for people with diabetes? If he left out that fact I wouldn't be interested in what he has to say, (not because I'm diabetic but because millions are and he should have to them not to use it without seeing their doctor)

When I googled, should you soak your feed in vinegar, this is what I got.

So yes, it can be good for your feet, if you're not diabetic but nothing about removing toxins from your body is mentioned. I'd give what he said a thumbs down. :(
  • Nancy Turner

That doctor sounds like a doctor here who thinks only eating organic fruits and vegetables will cure anything. I don't think anyone could survive on that without eating some protein. My husband was having a problem with a wrist and he prescribed that. After he had a DVT in his left calf, he prescribed that. Never went to see him again!
  • Inetia

Vinegar has acetic acid and it's anti-fungal properties are helpful in treating nail fungus, athletes foot and will help with dry cracked heels. Use cool, not hot water and moisturize when done.
  • Cheryl Youngman

Yes. I don't know about the toxins but it will soften any calloused skin or corns so they can be easily be remove. Use white vinegar and hot water.
  • I do it almost every day. I do it for dry feet as I prefer not to wear shoes if I don't have to. The acid in the vinegar is anti-fungal and makes my feet just feel and look better. Then I slather in Ben Gay to help with arthritis. I have no idea about riding your body of toxins, but if you like having pretty feet give it a try.
  • Cindy

My husband takes baths with Epson Salt when his feet and back aches. It has helped him. I have never heard of soaking feet in vinegar but I do know vinegar has a multitude of uses. My advice: try the Epson Salt. It's inexpensive and actually helps.
  • Nancy Whitney

Good to get rid of caluses.