Can I use white glue on the back of unpasted wallpaper.

Nancy WhitneySharonCindy
+8

I would like to put faux tin tiles on my kitchen cabinet doors. The wallpaper I have has no glue on the back. I am out in the country an hours drive from any stores. Would white glue or wood glue work as a good adhesive?

• Rebecca Taylor

Hello, You could do it like decoupage. Water the white glue down just a little and put it on. Then put your paper up and smooth out and then cover with another coat of the glue.
  • Catherine Anspaugh

No. You really need wallpaper paste to do this job. Would you be able to order some on Amazon?
  • Pam Beck

Get on pinterest and find a recipe for a paste made out of flour. Just make sure you don't leave any lumps in it.

• Linda Sikut

What ever you do, don't use wood glue. If it ever has to come off, it will be almost impossible. I've used a little bit of Elmers on an edge of wall paper that was coming off, but it was REALLY hard to get off. You have to know that will wall paper one of these days, someone will want to take it off. Wall paper paste is so much easier to use. If you move, you're handing on a nightmare to someone else.

I go with Rebecca. Thinned down white glue is almost like Mod Podge. A lot of people use white glue in place of Mod Podge.
  • Cindy

I'm sorry to make this difficult for you, but I do not agree with glue thinned down or not. Heaven help if you ever want to take that wallpaper down. You really need to use the right glue for the right job. And that is wallpaper paste. Again, sorry.
    • Linda Sikut

I agree with you Aljosjer. Wallpaper paste is hard enough to get off, I can't imagine trying to get even thinned down white glue or Mod Podge off the wall when someone decides to remove the wallpaper.
  • Nancy Whitney

Use liquid nails on back of tiles, and press tiles on.