Never use garden tub in master bath. Ideas for better use of space.

Desiree Michelle ForeseeMichaelNancy

Will not take tub out as may someday be good 'sale' item if home is sold. There is a window on north side which takes up most of wall. Tub is in corner between the two sink areas.

• Nancy

Hmmm...trying to envision what I would do. I think maybe I would consider building a frame over and around it. Cover with plywood and paint to match the bathroom. Yu could put a decorative cushion along edge. You could find decorative baskets or bins and display extra towels and other bathroom supplies!?! Hope you post whatever you do!
  • Michael

First thing to ask is what do you need? If you don't need anything, put a screen over the drain and lay a protective mat in the tub. Now either build a little tiered shelf or set in blocks with different heights and put plants in there. As you water the plants, any excess runs down the drain. You could have a gorgeous green leafy garden in there! Ferns, elephant ears, mother in law tongue, etc.
  • Desiree Michelle Foresee

I too have this problem, with the garden tub, PLEASE let me know what ideas ya come up with :) have a AMAZING DAY
    Desiree