Can a vase be re-Hodge Podged? Had to use gel food coloring. Good/Bad

BarbFeeney Ryder JeanDanni Steinmeier
+6

q can a vase be re hodge podged had to use gel food coloring good bad
  • Shoshana

That should work, as long as you're working with a clean surface. Go for it!
  • Debra Evans

I had one mason jar I did with modge podge and it didn't turn out well so since I did not use the outdoor modge podge I put dish soap and water in it and let it soak and then used a toothbrush and it all came off. So I could get it to look the way I wanted the next time. Hope it works!
  • Deanna Nassar

Another idea would be to put small pieces of masking tape all over the vase, then use a thin wash of brown or reddish brown to paint. Comes out looking a little like it's made from leather, or with right shade terra cotta
    , glass vase covered with pieces of masking tape painted sprayed with clear coating
  • Tcs

Mod Podge.
  • Danni Steinmeier

As long as it's the regular Mod Podge, you can soak it in soapy hot water and it will all come off. I would give it a start by scratching it in a few places. I've even cleaned them after putting a clear coat of poly on.
  • Feeney Ryder Jean

What is this mod podge and what do you use it fof?
    • Goth Rosary

It is the liquid sold to create-
      Decoupage or Découpage is the art of decorating an object by gluing colored paper cutouts onto it in combination with special paint effects, gold leaf and other decorative elements. Commonly, an object like a small box or an item of furniture is covered by cutouts from magazines or from purpose-manufactured papers.
  • Barb

All the above hometalkers have all the perfect remake ideas for your project📌🔨