Camille Grabb
Camille Grabb
  • Ray, MI

Cast-iron pan, etc.

Cdl29716710Natalie HarmeningMitchell thompson
+4

So many cooks praise using cast-iron frying pans, etc. Can they be used on electric and/or cooktop stoves?

Camillle Grabb

• Ebbjdl

I know I have to sometimes clean the glass top with the cream, even if I used an aluminum bottom. The cast-iron will definitely scratch the surface.
  • Anny Palanzi

cast iron cookware can be used on any surface of stovetop, even an induction stovetop or burner. Yes, using it on a glass or ceramic stovetop can scratch the surface so you need to be extra careful in not sliding the pan on it. But you mentioned electric, as well as cooktop - do you mean ceramic cooktop?
    BTW, you can use them in the oven, too.
  • Michael

Camille, I couldn't cook to save my life. BUT! My wife does! Since I don't cook, I make sure she has the best tools in the kitchen just like I love to have the best tools in my tool shop. We have an electric stove, the type with a glass top. We've also had the coil type in the past. She swears by cast iron pans! She has a little 4 inch pan all the way up to a 12 or 14 inch pan and some in between. So yes, you can use cast iron on electric stoves. In fact my wife suggests it for the best flavors.
    • Anny Palanzi

So basically, Mike, your wife pumps iron and you sit back and enjoy the fruits of her labor. Man, you've got it made!
  • Mitchell thompson

We always use cast iron on our electric stove , gets very messy though
  • Natalie Harmening

We use our cast iron skillet on every heating surface!
  • Cdl29716710

Yes😇