Jack Wilshire
Jack Wilshire
  • Oklahoma City, OK

How to rid your house of gnats, I have no fruit out.

DesertRoseTlchampion323Janet Pizaro
+1

Add some details for your fellow Hometalkers! (Optional)

• Ann Cherkas Halstead

put out a wine bottle with about one cup of red wine in the bottom. This attracts the gnats and they drown

Do you have plants in the house?
  • Tlchampion323

Bowl of water with a good squirt of dawn dishsoap in it... they drowned in it.
  • DesertRose

When there is no fruit out, gnats live in the drains. I use Simple Green, it is non toxic for humans and pets, but it kills gnats, fruitflies etc. Spray every drain with Simple Green 2 or 3 times a day until you no longer see any gnats. Then use once a week in every drain for maintenance. Simple Green is not that well known and I do not understand why because it is so incredibly useful as a disinfectant and deodorizer. I use it for all household cleaning. You can find concentrate in Walmart boat/auto/camping section or in the cleaner dept. at Menards. The concentrate must be diluted 1 part for 8 parts water so I buy the spray bottle at Menards and keep a gallon concentrate. It will kill any small bug, even spiders and flies because I have done it! Hope you can find some. It really works.