Ary
Ary

I have an old hand crocheted table cloth that has gone yellow.

AryGol13894973SharylP
+2

Can anyone tell me how to make it white again?
I believe that the tablecloth has been crocheted with cotton

• Bijous

Hand wash. Soak in a solution of 1 part baking soda to 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water overnight. After wringing out, I then re-block the damp cloth on a sheet of plastic on the dining room table. I lay the cloth down and fold the sides up to make sure I don't stretch it out of shape. I use a free standing fan to help dry.

• SharylP

Bijous' suggestion is the best. However, sometimes even the soda-vinegar-water solution won't completely get rid of the yellow. If it won't, your best bet is to dye the table-cloth. Rit makes some very easy-to-use dyes in some nice colors.
  • Gol13894973

i had a baby dress my mom saved and it was yellow! I soaked it in bleach and COLD WATER and it all came out ! If it has old food stains that may not come all the way out!
  • Ary

I had recently read somewhere for getting yellowed linens white again, i thought that it was on this web site. The instructions included soaking in oxyclean , hand wash then put in a pot on the stove with water and some type of dishwasher detergent. I was hoping someone might refer me to these instructions. Does any one know which website may have given more detailled instructions for getting yellow out of linnens. I beleive Cascade was the dish washing detergent used.