Moles in back yard

Debbie / Dragonfly TreasureSandraRobin Erickson-Yost
+23

What I would like to know is there a non chemical alternative to getting rid of ground moles. The pictures is a garden area of my back yard. Thank You Willie P
q moles in back yard
Mole damage
  • Emolleo

I bought two items at Walmart in the Spring that, when you put some batteries in them and stick them in the ground they emit a noise every 30 seconds or so. I haven't seen any moles or voles this summer. First thing that ever worked!
  • Sandy

For mice in our house, we used the product "Shake Away." It will not harm pets, people, or even the critters you want to say good by to. The consistency is like small crystals. The odor is not repugnant to people, but the pesky mice sure did not like it. You do have to follow a schedule for about a month of changing out old product for new every 5-6 days, but it wasn't very expensive & really didn't take that long. We felt it well worth the time & $$. We are in Ohio & purchased it at Ace Hardware. You can read more about it on-line.

Sandy

• Art7699417

Use SCOT'S TURF BUILDER PLUS 2. It kills the bugs and slugs under the ground which the moles feed from. They will leave your yard and go some where else. Make sure you get the "PLUS 2". I have had great success with this.
  • Mcc24758194

GET some grub worm pellets to get rid of grub worms. spread over yard and moles go away. they are after the grub worms. i have done this and it works.

• Sandy

I've been trying moth balls around the foundation of my home and it seems like they are gone.
  • Melanie Pittman

Stick a piece of Juicy Fruit gum in the trail. The moles are attracted to the scent and eat the gum and die.
    • Deb30693308

LOl. I tried this and the next day found my itty bitty pieces of Juicy Fruit rolled into a ball outside the hoLe. guess the moles had one up on mE!!!
  • Cheryl

It's true if you get rid of the grubs the moles will leave they are just looking for food. We dumped some bleach water on our lawn which killed the grubs and did not harm the grass. It was a quick solution for a small area.
  • Charlotte

They really don't like moth balls

• Glen

I just found out from a friend that castor bean plants keep moles away very well. He's used them for years !
    • Glen

I would think you could find them in a seed catalog or ask a nursery perhaps ? If not , maybe I can further assist .
  • Robin Erickson-Yost

I pot used cat litter in the holes and no more moles
  • Sandra

Tom Cat that canbe purchaed from Lowe's or Home Depot ( like worms that they like to eat).