Is wood laminate flooring in a kitchen a good idea?

MaryAnnaJanet Pizaro
+4

• What is your question? I have laminate in my kitchen and for me, the worst miske I have ever made. Thankfully it was on my house. Will be replaced with real hardwood.
  • SharylP

We bought a home that had old, broken porcelain tile on the kitchen floor. We removed the tile, and replaced it with a good-quality laminate -- absolutely love it! Much nicer "foot-feel" than tile or concrete (which we were considering as an option). Just make sure you use a good-quality laminate, since there will be food and water-spills on it from time to time; with a good product, no worries, you simply wipe it up.

• Larry

I have had laminate floors in my old home kitchen. The one big con on them is if water sits on them for awhile the joints of the floor will swell. if you have kids or are prone to messes I would look to something more forgiving.

• Fiddledd224

Avbsolutely! Mine is more than 10 years old and still looks brand new. It is easy to clean and goes with everything. I have 2 cats and a dog and it takes all kinds of wear and tear but doesn't show it.

I have Laminate in the kitchen entry way and den
  • Anna

I have laminate floor for 12 years and 2 dogs had no problem at all
  • Mary

Yes...but only if its GOOD QUALITY!!!!