Scarlet Paolicchi
Scarlet Paolicchi
  • Nashville, TN

Homemade Halloween Decor: DIY Bat Garland

$5

This cute little DIY project is very easy but the result is a classy looking Halloween decoration you can use year after year. This bat garland is just the right amount of spooky and cute!
homemade halloween decor diy bat garland
First you will want to start by gathering up all your supplies. You probably have everything you need around the house except for the black felt and you can pick that up at the craft or material store. You can use any type of string or ribbon or even fishing line in place of the twine if you prefer or if that is what you have on hand.
The bat template (available at https://familyfocusblog.com/felt-bat-garland/) can be saved and printed on regular printer paper and gives you 3 different sizes of bats for your garland.  I traced 4 of each size onto my black felt using a silver paint pen since I didn’t have a fabric pen on hand.
Cut the bats out of your felt using a nice pair of sharp scissors. Then you can line them up along your twine to see how they will look. To create the flying bat Halloween decoration, I started at one end and added two of each size bat until reaching the middle and then worked my way back out, repeating the pattern.

I like to use an old cookie sheet to protect my surface from the heat of the gun and the melting glue.  Begin gluing the bats to the twine using the glue gun and hot glue.  
Then you can hang your felt diy bat garland over your doorway or along your porch on an inside wall as a fun Halloween party decoration that your guests can snap their photos near! Enjoy! If you like this project, please join me on Pinterest @familyfocusblog for more ideas:)

• Black Felt
  • Fabric Paint Pen
  • Scissors

Scarlet Paolicchi