What can I use to insulate internal walls cheaply but safely?

BijousRalph BarlowNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+2

Having some walls took down and relocated so want to insulate/soundproof wall before [lastewrboard put on.

• 2dogal

Go to a big box store and buy rolls of insulation. There are many kinds, so ask what is best for your situation.
  • Nancy Turner

What about using the Styrofoam boards they use under siding when they put it up?
  • Check your local building codes first! Deviating from approved materials can possibly make your homeowners insurance void. Did you pull permits?
  • Ralph Barlow

Fiberglass insulation in the walls works the best. The same insulation that is used in exterior walls. use the one without any paper or foil.
  • Bijous

Rolled insulation is pretty cheap. You can do it yourself. I did when I had the master bathroom redone. It backs up to the hall bath. All that tile was like an echo chamber, if you know what I mean!