Asked on Oct 8, 2017

How do I get water ring off table?

Kit24231698Marla Jayne MoorePat


I have this small wooden table that I use as a plant stand. The plant left a big water ring right in the middle, I’m afraid to apply wax or polish to it. How can I fix it?
8 answers
  • Ccm30823407
    on Oct 8, 2017

  • Ebbjdl
    on Oct 8, 2017

    Try mayonnaise on it rub in a circular motion. Just put a little on.
  • William
    on Oct 8, 2017

    Use white (not gel) toothpaste and a damp cloth. A dab of toothpaste on the cloth and rub in a circular motion. Then use Murphy's Oil soap to bring back the finish.
  • Lisa S.
    on Oct 8, 2017

    Restore-A -Finish, comes in different wood finishes. Rub on with a soft cloth, then rub off with a second cloth.
  • Susan
    on Oct 9, 2017

    Yep...I've read that smoothing toothpaste on it, leave for a while, then wipe off would work.
  • Pat
    on Oct 9, 2017

    After fixed put something under your plant like a saucer or plastic tray.
  • Marla Jayne Moore
    on Oct 9, 2017

    Hot Air

    One of the best treatments for water marks that have recently occurred is also one of the simplest: a hair dryer. Johnson suggests setting a hair dryer on warm or low and moving it back and forth directly over the mark. In most cases, the action should draw out the moisture, dry the surface and cause the ring to evaporate.

    Be aware that the fix will also heat up the wax finish on the wood and melt it slightly. Try buffing with a soft rag once the water mark evaporates.

    What not to do: “A lot of times people will grab the furniture polish or wax and pour that on the white mark,” Johnson says. “Well, all that does is prevent the moisture from escaping on its own.” He says to just leave it alone. Try moving the piece to a dry area of your home and set up a fan to blow over the area or use a blow dryer on a low setting to release the moisture back into the air.
  • Kit24231698
    on Oct 9, 2017

    I used 2t of salt and 1 T olive oil. make a paste put on spot for 10 or 15 min. Wipe off. Should be gone
Your comment...